Looking Forward to 2019; Making Goals for the New Year
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
OK, it’s almost the new year. January is the month that most people choose to change their financial situation, get healthier, get organized, etc. While looking forward to 2019 I like to just focus on three things.
Let’s just keep this simple: 3,2,1
This is a simple, free printable that you can fill out and post where you will see it as a daily reminder. Sometimes simple is best and this helps streamline the focus. Why distract yourself with so many different things that it is easy to fail?
Keep. It. Simple. What a great motto, right?
3 things I want to accomplish this year
- Keep Publishing Books (I am at about 1400 between romance, blog topics and low content like planners, journals and puzzle books)
- Travel to 5 states (I am working on a series of travel books and need to do Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana and Iowa)
- Keep working out (I have lost 120 pounds in 2018 and have about 50 more to go!)
2 Ways to Help others
- Teach others how to self-publish (I have groups here, here and here)
- Change a Life (we are taking in a few Thai Girls this spring!)
My word for the year
- Schedule – I am bringing back my word from 2016 as I found that I can do anything if I use my time correctly!
Get your own free printable copy here –> Operation40k New Years Goals
Last year at this time I said I was looking at 2018 for:
- I turn 50 in March (not sure how that crept up on me…) (happened)
- I am going through weight loss surgery to drop 100 pounds (happened)
- We have a girl coming from the Ukraine this summer through the Circle of Love program – glitch on their end (sadness)
- I am going to Czechoslovakia nope!
- We are going to visit family in Maine and Massachusetts nope!
- We are going to use the pop up camper that I am currently. a lot. (happened)
I had a new lifestyle to adjust to and we DID travel just not where exactly I had planned.
Changes for the blog? Less posts. (happened) I had about 1/4 of the posts from 2017 but actually had more traffic!
I shared the following each week:
- A fun recipe or idea (happened)
- A review of one of my books or a product (happened)
- A round up of posts over the last 10 years that are seasonally applicable. (oops!)
- A snippet of my weight loss journey (happened)
- Travel tips/information (happened)
Just remember that making goals isn’t always easy but making goals can actually change your life. Read what we wrote before about goals HERE
For 2019 on the blog I will:
- A fun recipe or idea
- A round up of posts over the last 10 years that are seasonally applicable.
- A snippet of my weight loss journey
- Travel tips/information – a LOT on Disney!
Here is a post on making goals that you might find helpful: