While The Oven Is Hot…And a Curried Chicken Salad Recipe!
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
I make a 9×13 cake for a Lime Jell-O Poke Cake.
Then, I made biscuits for Biscuits ‘n Gravy.
I also pulled a cookie dough pack out and made 2 dozen cookies for the party on Saturday.
The oven was only on about an hour, but I planned ahead a little and make that extra heat in the summer kitchen pay off.
It also saves money because I didn’t turn it on, and then off, over and over this week.
Now, let’s get to that Candied Chicken Curry Salad Recipe!
I like to use grilled chicken for this – but you could even use canned. I kind of figure that while the grill is hot – I might as well grill as much as I can and chill it for later – kind of like working with the oven.
2 cups Diced/Shredded cooked chicken
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup red grapes, cut in half
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 Handful Frosted Walnuts
Still it all together and you are ready for anything!
- It’s great inside crepes and served cold.
- On a bed of lettuce as part of a cold plate.
- On a fresh croissant, on top of a little shredded lettuce.
This is fairly healthy too!
- Low fat protein in the chicken.
- Curry Powder is good for fighting Cancer, regulates your metabolism, and helps fight Alzheimer’s.
- Red Grapes are good lowering cholesterol and helping arthritis pain/flares.
- Miracle Whip is lower in fat than Mayonnaise.
- Walnuts are good for lowering cholesterol and help you loose weight (unless you frost them-oops!)
If you make my chicken salad – I’d love to know what you think. We used to serve it at my restaurant and it was a hot seller.