Frightfully Delicious Boo Sugar Cookies
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thing I truly enjoy doing is baking. If you have been following me since I started this bog, it is really hard for you to not notice that fact. I have an over abundance of cookie cutters, shaped cake pans and decoration materials that sit there and beg me to use them. These Frightfully Delicious Boo Sugar Cookies are perfect for your little gobblins this time of year and really easy to make. You CAN start out with a bagged sugar cookie mix but it is almost as easy to make them from scratch.
You will need:
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 1/2 C powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 small plaque cookie cutter
cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 dregrees
- In a standing mixer, combine butter, powder sugar, egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined and fluffy
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until combined
- Once all the flour has been combined with the wet ingredients, sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board and knead with your hands till everything is combined
- Sprinkle flour onto the cutting board and roll out the dough to 2 inches thick
- Use the cookie cutter and cut your shapes
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Place onto a wire rack to cool
Royal icing ingredients and directions and decorating directions
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
2 piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
1 contaner of Wilton Skull melody sprinkles (Found at Michaels craft stores)
green food coloring
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes
- Split icing into two bowls and add the green coloring into one bowl
- Scoop some white icing into one of the piping bags
- Using the rest of the white icing, add 2 tablespoons of water to thin the icing out and then pour the icing into the squeeze bottle.
- Scoop the green icing into the second piping bag
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, out line your plaque cookies.
- Use the white icing in the squeeze bottle and fill in the outline
- Wait about 10 minutes for it to dry before sprinkling on some of the sprinkles
- Using the spoon that comes with the sprinkles, sprinkle about two spoonfuls onto the top of the plaque cookie
- Let dry for 3 hours before piping on the word BOO
- Once 3 hours has passed, using the green icing, pipe the word BOO in a blood dripping effect.
- Let dry for 2 hours before enjoying!