Easy Peasy Tamale Pie
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 small box of Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 C low fat sour cream
- 1/2 C creamed corn
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 C of red enchilada sauce (10 oz can)
- 1/2 of a bag of shredded Monteray jack cheese
- 2 Jalapeno’s sliced into rounds
- 1/4 C minced cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a round baking dish and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the box of corn bread, egg, sour cream, and creamed corn.
- Mix until combined
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and place into the oven for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown
- While the corn bread is in the oven, using a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, minced garlic and spices.
- Once the meat is browned set aside to cool
- When the corn bread is done, use the bottom of a wooden skewer and poke holes all around the corn bread.
- Pour half a can of the red enchilada sauce onto the corn bread
- Scoop the beef and onion mixture onto the corn bread and top with cheese and sliced Jalepeno
- Place back into the oven for 15-20 more minutes until the cheese is fully melted
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoying!