Amish Rhubarb Crumb Pie
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
n id="dpsp-post-content-markup" data-image-pin-it="false">
The Rhubarb fest continues – I have a very prolific plant this year!
This is a simple, but good pie recipe, enjoy.
1 (9 inch) pie shells
4 cups rhubarb, sliced 1 inch thick
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425º F.
Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour, lemon and salt.
Turn into unbaked pie shell, place it on a cookie sheet and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
While it is baking, make the crumb topping!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 dash salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
You can use your fingers to combine it all or a fork
Take the pie out of the oven…
Sprinkle the topping over it…
And return to the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes more or until crumbs are brown and pie is bubbly.
Cool on rack. It’s great with vanilla ice cream!
NOTE: Rhubarb is tart. depending on your taste, you might want to add more sugar.
Amish Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- **Topping ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour, lemon and salt.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell, place it on a cookie sheet and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- While it is baking, make the crumb topping with flour, salt, sugar, butter.
- Use fork to mix well together
- Take the pie out of the oven once done
- Sprinkle the topping over it
- Return to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until crumbs are brown and pie is bubbly.
- Cool on rack. It’s great with vanilla ice cream!
1 thought on “Amish Rhubarb Crumb Pie”
[…] In that spirit of thriftness, we are whipping up meals this month to use up some of the stockpile. I need to get to the bottom of that chest freezer so I can add bags of prepped summer produce! Just yesterday, I took a one gallon zippy bag of rhubarb out and turned in into two Rhubarb Crumb Pies. […]