Amish Rhubarb Crumb Pie
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
id="dpsp-content-top" class="dpsp-content-wrapper dpsp-shape-rounded dpsp-size-medium dpsp-has-spacing dpsp-hide-on-mobile dpsp-show-total-share-count dpsp-show-total-share-count-after dpsp-button-style-1">
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- **Topping ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour, lemon and salt.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell, place it on a cookie sheet and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- While it is baking, make the crumb topping with flour, salt, sugar, butter.
- Use fork to mix well together
- Take the pie out of the oven once done
- Sprinkle the topping over it
- Return to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until crumbs are brown and pie is bubbly.
- Cool on rack. It’s great with vanilla ice cream!