Try These 5 Romantic Nights In
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some nights you just don’t want to leave the house, even for a date. A cold, rainy night may just have you thinking of snuggling in, not going out. Or, if your babysitter cancels at the last minute and you can’t go out. So let’s honor that feeling of lazy days and cozy nights with 5 great stay-home date ideas.
Quality time together is crucial to a healthy relationship. Whether you’re newly married or you’ve been together 20 years, you’ll appreciate these ideas that require very little investment but are highly rewarding. Stay-home dates are a wonderful way to spend quality time together and reconnect.
1. Play “Would You Rather?” What a great way to learn a lot about your loved one. Thought you knew everything there was to know? Think again. Come up with a list of crazy question to ask each other. For instance, would you rather win the lottery or end homelessness? What “would you rather” questions can you think of?
2. Skip the Wine and Cheese . . . Enjoy a Chocolate Tasting. Head to your favorite chocolate shop and fill your basket with a variety of flavors and varieties. Or make some chocolate fondue and serve it up with a variety of fruits, cakes and cookies.
3. Go on a picnic. Whether in your back yard or your living room, a picnic is always a good idea. Make some gourmet sandwiches or fried chicken. Open a nice bottle of wine. Light some candles, put on some romantic music and enjoy the evening.
4. Enjoy a theme night! Choose a theme and plan your evening around it. For instance, if you choose an Italian theme, you could make spaghetti, get some gelato, and watch a movie like The Italian Job. Some other fun theme ideas you might enjoy: Mexican, Asian, Christmas, and Back to the ‘80’s.
5. Cook Together. Get adventurous in the kitchen and try making a new dish together. Find something you’ve never cooked before but have always wanted to try. Think of a new cuisine; maybe try a Thai green curry, and learn to make your own curry paste. Or, if you’re more of a baker, you could try whipping up a cake or a sheet of cookies from scratch. Turn up the music and buzz around the kitchen together, then enjoy a bottle of wine and eat your creations when you’re done.
Maybe these ideas have inspired you to think of other stay-home date night possibilities. Come up with a few and start planning some romantic nights in.