10 Ways to Save Money with Receipts
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save Money with Receipts? What do you do with your receipts? Most of us throw them away at some point in time or just put them in any random place and completely forget about it. However, the time has come to understand the importance of saving receipts. One will be able to save a lot of money with these receipts.
Let us see how –
10 Ways to Save Money with Receipts
With the way that the economy is, everyone is trying to find ways to save money. One way for families to save money is by saving money on their groceries.
Families are struggling with making ends meet and paying the bills. Saving money by becoming a super-shopper can help families do this. It may seem overwhelming at first, but all families can cut back in the area of grocery shopping.
Plan Ahead: Saving Money When Purchasing Groceries
Families can save money when purchasing groceries in many ways. When a family plans ahead, it makes it easier to save time and money when shopping for groceries. Listed below are some ways that families can plan ahead and save money when purchasing groceries:
- Decide what the grocery budget amount will be.
- Decide which items will be paid for through the grocery budget.
- Determine what to do with the money saved from lowering the family’s grocery expenses.
- Plan ahead meals in a menu format.
- Include all main meals, snacks, and deserts in the menu.
- Either use handwritten menus or a website to develop the menu.
- Develop a menu based on what is currently on-hand at home and what is on sale.
- Sign up for store specials on the store’s website address; sometimes, a family can receive additional coupons or find out about great deals.
- Clip coupons from a local newspaper, Internet site, etc.
- Check the Internet for grocery or store ads (sometimes there are additional ads or ads posted only on the Internet).
- Write a grocery list before going to the store and stick with it (some grocery stores provide a feature that will allow families to develop and print a shopping list on the Internet).
- Place grocery list with coupons attached to it in a purse or billfold prior to going to the store.
Helpful Tips: Saving Money to Become a Super Grocery Shopper
There are many ways to save money so that a family can become super grocery shoppers. Listed below are some tips on how a family can become a super-shopper and save a family some money:
- Use coupons at the store.
- Purchase items when they are on sale and have a coupon for that item (make sure to stock up on those items).
- Shop at a variety of stores (discount stores, ethnic food stores, grocery stores, hardware stores with grocery departments, gas stations, bread outlets, etc.).
- Find out from store employees when certain items are placed on clearance (i.e., bread, bakery items, meat, etc.).
- Check expiration dates on all perishable items.
- Check with store staff about which items can be frozen and for how long (i.e., bread, cheese, meat)
- Take coupon organizer to the store.
- Be flexible.
- Shop at a wholesale warehouse such as Sam’s Club or Costco.
- Shop with another family at a wholesale warehouse to split costs on grocery purchases and sometimes an annual membership.
- Try to shop during “dead times” (i.e., during the weekday, early morning, late at night).
Saving money on groceries should not have to be a difficult task or feel like another chore. Taking the time to plan ahead and use some new approaches will not only help a family out and save them money, but it will also allow them to become super shoppers.
Now, let’s kick it up a notch and save money AFTER you leave the store – stacking the savings!
10 Ways to Save Money with Receipts
Ibotta is a free app that is available on the Google Play store. It gives you real cash back on every purchase that you make, in-store or online. One can earn cashback every time he shops for groceries or essentials. It is one of the easiest ways to earn cashback as the user has to upload the receipt to get the cashback. Additional cashback can be won by using the referral program.
Receipt Hog is another free app that allows the user to earn real cash by uploading the receipts. It is a simple way by which one can turn everyday receipts into money-making opportunities. A shopper can make more money by uploading as many receipts as possible. Available for both Android and Apple, the app’s most striking feature is that it gives you an option to strike out an item before submitting the receipt in case you do not want to reveal that item. Use the code plon4364 – and you will get 5 FREE spins!
Fetch is a grocery rewards app that has slowly become everyone’s favorite. Whenever you go out grocery shopping, you can earn reward points that can be redeemed for gift cards. Compared to the other similar apps, Fetch is different because it will never force you to shop at specific stores. One needs to upload the receipt, and Fetch will automatically reward you. Get 2,000 bonus points when you submit their first receipt and use my referral code: NW3BR
SavingStar is a free smartphone app that helps one to save money without printing coupons. The user needs to scan receipts, make in-app purchases, and even link store cards! The cash out is given through Paypal. SavingStar was the first rebate app that offers good cashback for shopping groceries or over the net. The app was founded in 2010, but it got merged into Coupons.com in 2020.
- Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a popular rebate app that gives the user cash backs for purchases made by him. Although the app has partnered with hundreds of different brands, it has a limited appeal among the masses. However, it is slowly becoming popular as people are becoming more aware of this app that helps you save on things like personal care products, snacks, and pet products. The app is straightforward to use and is available on all devices. However, its use is limited only to the US and Canada.
- Berry Cart
Want to Save Money with Receipts but really like health food? Berry Cart app is similar to the Ibotta app and other cashback apps as it allows you to earn money on the purchase of a product. It is a relatively new app that gives you cashback offers on non-GMO products, organic and Gluten-free items. One can also unlock a hidden rebate just by completing a specific action or learning about the product in detail.
- Coin Out
Coin out is a cashback app that gives random awards on the receipts that have been uploaded. One can earn from both online purchases or in-store purchases. One needs to upload the receipt to get the cashback. There is another way to earn cash from the app. If you have paid in cash at any store, you can get the change deposited in the Coin Out account, but this is only possible if the merchant is registered with Coin Out. Here is a link to sign up: Sign Up Here
Makeena is a free mobile shopping app that helps you buy organic and natural products without worrying too much about their cost. When your points add up to at least USD 20, you can redeem the cash through Paypay/Venmo. One can also earn a few points by scanning a grocery receipt that may not include healthy foods. Use code GZTUGG and get 1,000 extra points for signing up
Shopkick is yet another free app wherein users can earn rewards when they scan bar codes on products or enter a participating merchant. The main USP of Shopkick is that it has a unique rewards system. There are more than a thousand retail locations across the nation that offer remarkable rewards. One can also earn rewards through online shopping at eBay, Walmart, Hulu, et al.
ReceiptPal is a simple app that lets Android and iPhone users turn the receipts into money-making opportunities. The user will get points every time he scans a receipt that eventually gets stored in the mobile app to track your spending. The user receives 25 points for each receipt that is shared. One can maximize his/her earning potential by scanning receipts regularly and by playing the bonus games. Here is a link to get you 500 points