The Best of the Halloween Syringe Jello Shot Recipes
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
Halloween is one of the most frightening times of the year, but it can also be a time for celebration! If you are looking for Halloween party ideas that will give your guests the creeps then the Halloween syringe Jello shot recipes is just what you need. These recipes are easy to make and taste delicious. It’s hard to go wrong with these tasty Halloween treats that are kid-friendly!
This recipe we call “Swamp Sludge” and it seems fitting to serve alongside any of the Mummy Treats we talked about. I have no idea why, but the movie Swamp Thing is stuck in my head here and they just seem to go together.
See what I mean? Mummy + Swamp = awesomeness!
Now, why is Jello so fantastic?
– Jello shots take almost no time to make
– There is little clean up involved – always a plus when you have crowds over or want to drink in the comfort of your own home without worrying about having to clean up the next day
– Halloween syringe jello shots are super festive and look great in their clear plastic container, making them perfect for Halloween parties! I really think that is one of the best things about Halloween Syringe Jello shot recipes – they take up a lot less space in a container!
My favorite? Jello comes in a ton of different flavors! Just look at this list!! If you cant find a flavor of Jello that you like? You aren’t trying very hard.
- Berry Blue
- Black Cherry
- Blackberry Fusion
- Candy Cane
- Cherry is my favorite red Jello
- Cherry Lemonade
- Fruit Punch
- Lime Jello
- Melon Fusion
- Mixchief Grape Color-Changing
- Mixchief Juice
- Mixchief Soda Pop
- Pina Colada
- Pumpkin Spice
- Strawberry Jello
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Tropical Fusion
Just think of all those different colors to play with!
Halloween syringe jello shot recipes variations
Yes, the best part of all those choices is all the unique Jello shots you can create – both with and without alcohol. I know I have shared a few fun Jello shot creations in the past – like our Unicorn Shots and our Mermaid Jello Shots but there are so many ways you can switch up these Halloween syringe jello shot recipes just by changing out the Jello flavor or the food coloring to create a Jello mixture that will wow someone.
- How about a red Jello with a hint of blue food coloring to make bloody syringes?
- Green gelatin can make a “Biohazard Toxic Ooze”
- Try using chilled malibu rum, cream vodka, pineapple juice, or even lemon-lime soda instead of cold water to be the perfect way to customize your 1.5 ounce Jello shots.
You get the idea – there are a ton of ways to switch it up.
How do you make alcoholic Jello shots?
OK, so I mentioned a few different kinds of alcohol you could use on your shots – but it isn’t an even swap out with the cold water! You can follow the normal Jello recipe but replace only HALF of the cold water with the chilled booze. Since these Halloween syringe jello shot recipes we are sharing today uses 1.5 cups of cold water, you would use 3/4 cup cold water and 3/4 cup of your favorite flavor of alcohol.
I am thinking Vodka would be great with our Swamp Sludge – but that is just me… and you would be using less than one cup vodka for the entire batch – where plenty of Halloween cocktails easily use that much in every drink.
Halloween Jello shots in syringes
These are dark Jello shots – to mimic the whole swamp water thing we are going for and since we are using the plastic syringes, there are no plastic cups to deal with! THat makes it easier for transport too! Now let’s look at how to make these delicious Jello shots
Halloween syringe jello shot recipes ingredients
To make these tasty Jello shots you will need:
- 1 – 3.9oz package Welch’s grape Jello powder
- 3 cups water
- 3 drops black food coloring
- 24 Jello shot syringes – I know this is like buying bulk syringes but you get 60 in this package – enough to do this recipe three times or with variations like I mentioned above.
Halloween syringe jello shot recipes directions:
This really is a simple recipe – honest!
In a small saucepan, boil 1.5 cup of water. Remove from heat and pour that water into a mixing bowl. Add gelatin mix to that hot water and stir for 3 minutes.
Add 1.5 cups cold water. Stir.
Add food coloring, stir.
Fill syringes with your water mix by placing them in the mixture, and pulling up the syringe.
Refrigerate your gelatin shots for 2-3 hours.
So, for the next Halloween party, I know you will want to bring these fun Jell-O shots! This time of year they will be a total hit as dessert recipes and are totally gluten-free!
Like our Halloween syringe jello shot recipes? Try these treats:
- The Best Spooky Marshmallow Ghost Brownies Recipe
- Ghoulish Mummy Treats for Halloween
- Hocus Pocus Salem Cocktail is Ambrosian Practical Magic
- Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats
- Frightfully Delicious Boo Sugar Cookies
- Creepy Stuffed Peppers Jack-O-Lantern Style
- Pumpkin Cake Pops
- Halloween Brownie Bite Recipe
- Frankenstein Grahams Treat