Easy Peasy Instant Pot Mexican Pasta
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 1/2 TBSP Taco Seasoning ( or 1 package )
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 jar salsa (16oz)
- 4 C chicken broth
- 4 peppers any color seeded and de-veined (chopped)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 C Shredded Cheese- Colby jack
- 16 oz pasta shells, medium
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Turn setting to Sauté.
- When the setting goes to Hot
- Add meat (little olive oil)
- Cook until almost done.
- Add the taco seasoning
- Finish cooking the meat.
- Add the salsa and broth.
- Add your garlic, peppers and onions.
- Put on the lid, the setting should be on Venting.
- Allow the broth to heat up and start to simmer.
- Cancel the sauté mode.
- Add your pasta
- Stir to combine
- Put the lid on.
- Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Pressure Cook.
- When cooking cycle ends, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Do a controlled Quick Release of the pressure/steam.
- Turn the knob all the way to Venting.
- Release the remaining steam/pressure.
- When the pin in the lid drops, open it.
- Add your shredded cheese
- Stir to combine
- Garnish if desired:
- Avocado, Jalapeño, Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips, Cilantro
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? Why? They take the place of 7 different appliances! Get one here:
I want an Instant Pot Now
and maybe some Instant Pot accessories to be able to do more with it!